Thursday, November 26, 2015

I Don't Work Today!



For the first time in years, I arrived at the library ready to start my work week only to discover that I wasn't scheduled.  It was my day off!  I'd completely forgotten that, with the Thanksgiving holiday this week, I was not scheduled to work on Monday.

As mentioned, this is the first time in YEARS that I came to work on my day off!  And I think I know why...

While working in a Youth Services department has never been a dream of mine, having the opportunity to work face-to-face with the public, be a major part of the collection development, and create programming for the community has been an interesting challenge.

I enjoy the work I am doing and the people I work with.  My co-workers are supportive and kind, always willing to lend a hand when needed or make a coffee run when the caffeine starts petering out.  :)

So, with Thanksgiving right around the corner I would like to say, "Thank you" to the Youth Services department of the Germantown Community Library.  Thank you for welcoming me, allowing me the opportunity to try new things, and for supporting me throughout all the changes we've faced over the last year.


Y'all are wonderful and I'll never be able to put into words how grateful I am for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment